Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Last Apple Pie


We used to have 2 apple trees in our back yard. When I was little my dad would get up on a ladder and toss the apples to me to catch in my baseball glove. Then my mom and I would make apple pie, and a huge pot of apple butter to put in jars and give away.

A few years ago one of the trees died. Then last weekend in the Ernesto storm the other tree fell down. It was so sad seeing our tree lying in the yard. My mom and I dodged the bees enough to get a sack of apples to make one last apple pie. I will miss the apple pies, but I won't miss the huge japanese wasps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Q 5 Go said...

Pie sounds good... I miss your mom's baking!!! :)

6:14 PM

 
Blogger Donna Migliaccio said...

I'm sorry you lost your tree, but that gives you a good exuse to go to a farmers market to get your apples. I'm waiting right now for the giant Mountaineer apples to appear at my local farmers market - just four of them makes a lovely pie, and there's not as much peeling!

2:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home